Hello, lovely friends!
This fuss-free Easy Masala Chai recipe requires no spice blend (yes, you read right!) thanks to Chandler Honey’s luscious Creamy Chai honey! The honey is infused with fragrant Masala Chai spices and is the key to making Masala Chai a breeze! The perfect drink for the holiday season or any time of year! It’s also gluten-free and refined sugar-free with a dairy-free option!
Tis’ the holiday season, and I wanted to share a recipe that does double duty of pairing perfectly with yummy holiday treats and also a super warm and cozy beverage to snuff out the cold weather! Fun fact! Masala Chai was actually created with that very goal in mind. The spices in the blend have properties that naturally warm up the body during the colder months and increase immunity. Rest assured, even if you are reading this from a warm climate, this tea is great to enjoy all year round!
Growing up in a South Indian family, Masala Chai is something I have been drinking my whole life. The aroma of the fragrant spices wafting through the air as the Chai simmered away in the kitchen is something that will always be engrained in my memory.
In India, it’s traditionally enjoyed as part of afternoon tea time with snacks like cookies, samosas, or pakoras and after dinner with dessert. However, you can enjoy this Easy Masala Chai any time of the day. It is just so good! The combination of the Masala Chai spice blend, milk, tea leaves, and honey is a drink that feels like nourishing your soul with its warmth.
Masala Chai is a spiced tea popular in India and increasingly popular around the globe. If you want to learn more, here are a few tidbits.
• Masala, meaning spice blend, and Chai, meaning tea, is a popular hot tea beverage originating from India.
• It is traditionally made with milk, water, black tea, and a Masala Chai spice blend.
• Traditional spice blend includes fresh ginger (or dried ginger), cinnamon, fennel seeds, cardamon pods, cloves, and black peppercorns. However, each family and tea shop has their own version of the spice blend.
• Chai vs. Masala Chai, what’s the difference? Chai is made with milk and black tea, whereas Masala Chai includes a spice blend, which is the primary difference.
Creamy Chai Honey
The Creamy Chai honey is part of the limited edition holiday bundle (including 3 new flavours) from Chandler Honey. This Creamy Chai honey is jam-packed with fragrant spices and is visually pleasing with speckles of the Chai Spice blend that intertwine so beautifully with the raw organic honey. The contrast in colours and textures is quite a sight to behold.
I was thrilled when Chandler Honey selected the Creamy Chai as part of their new holiday line. I thought it was such an innovative flavour to create, and I knew it would be super versatile to use. However, I must confess I wondered how the flavour could be captured in honey form. Would it capture the authentic essence of my beloved Masala Chai?
The answer is a big resounding YES! This Creamy Chai honey could not be more authentic with its flavour. It is SPOT on to traditional Masala Chai I have grown up drinking my whole life. I absolutely love it! This is why I created this recipe. I felt it was a great way to showcase this delicious honey in all its glory and how much it captures the essence of traditional Masala Chai, so much so that you don’t even need the blend! That’s how good it is!
So a huge kudos to Chandler Honey for capturing the taste with absolute authenticity and with such lovely finesse that’s so pleasing to the palette and not overpowering (no easy feat). I am telling you, Tique Chandler is like a magician in how she creates her infused honey, pure magic! If you want to try out this luscious honey (which I highly recommend), along with the rest of Chandler Honey’s limited edition holiday bundle, please check out their website.
• CHANDLER HONEY’S CREAMY CHAI HONEY – contains immune-boosting nutrients, antibacterial properties, beneficial enzymes, and minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc.
• ALMOND MILK – is rich in Vitamin E and magnesium, high in antioxidants, and low in calories.
• BLACK TEA – contains powerful antioxidants and may help heart health and improve gut health.
Let’s make ourselves some fragrant Easy Masala Chai!
Easy Masala Chai
- small saucepan
- measuring cups and spoons
- small fine mesh strainer (optional)
Easy Masala Chai Ingredients
- 3 cups milk or plant-based milk*
- 2-2½ tsp Chandler Honey's Creamy Chai honey (adjust to taste)
- 2 black tea bags**
Easy Masala Chai
- Place the saucepan on medium-high heat and add in your milk of choice. Once it heats up, add in tea bags. Let it steep and boil on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea). The milk should be simmering gently. If it's too high, turn down the heat a notch.
- EXPERT TIP: Press the tea bag down into the milk and gently swirl around when the milk starts to bubble. This step helps to infuse the tea into the milk more and adds so much flavour!
- Once the tea has steeped to your liking, remove the tea bags. Add in the luscious Creamy Chai honey. Mix until thoroughly combined. Give it a quick taste test, and adjust it to your liking. Turn off the heat, and it's ready to serve!
- If you want a super smooth tea, you can strain it; otherwise, pour it into your favourite mug or glass and enjoy! This Easy Masala Chai pairs perfectly with cookies, cake, doughnuts, samosas, and pakoras!
This recipe and post are created in collaboration with Chandler Honey, all opinions are solely my own.