Hello dear friends!
This Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake is light and super moist and brings classic gingerbread flavours to your table with a dessert that is super easy to make and an absolute showstopper with its elegant look perfect for all your holiday festivities! Made with wholesome ingredients and naturally sweetened thanks to Chandler Honey’s Gingerbread Honey! A must-make dessert this holiday season. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free!
I love the holiday season! The warmth of the season with holiday music, movies, time with family, friends and, of course, food is something very special. And Gingerbread is just one of the quintessential holiday flavours that capture the essence and feel of the season with its beautiful warming spices that are so comforting and gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that can’t help but bring a smile to your face with its cheerful flavour.
During the holiday season, we can sometimes be inundated with sweet treats and desserts, which is always a treat. But it can also be challenging for those of us who are not able to eat traditional desserts. I know from experience how trying and how disheartening it can be when you are not able to enjoy treats you have grown up eating or not be able to participate in holiday festivities due to dietary restrictions.
This recipe is my holiday present to you! A classic holiday dessert, Gingerbread cake you can enjoy with wholesome ingredients you can feel good about! This recipe works for a variety of diets and food lifestyles, but honestly, it’s great for everyone! I wanted to share a recipe that was extra special and do something different that I have never done before. So I chose to make a bundt cake. I have always loved how elegant they looked, and the shape of it naturally looks like a holiday wreath. So presenting to you my first-ever holiday bundt cake! I certainly put a lot of love and care into creating this recipe, and hope that you enjoy it just as much as I do.
The best part of this Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake is no one will ever know it’s made without traditional ingredients. It has a lovely structure, and the texture is so light and moist! The flavour of the cake has a beautiful infusion of Gingerbread spices. You will definitely be looking to get a second serving of this cake, it’s that good! It is not overly sweet and can be enjoyed as it is if you like things on the lighter side OR if you want to jazz it up (it is the holiday season, after all) I have a few suggestions on how you can dress up this cute bundt cake to be a showstopper for all your holiday festivities!
So what’s to love about this Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
• Classic Gingerbread flavours in cake form (who doesn’t love that?!)
• Gluten-free • Dairy-free • Refined sugar-free • Vegetarian
• The perfect dessert for all your holiday festivities (seriously, how pretty is it?!)
• No Gingerbread spices needed, thanks for Chandler Honey’s Gingerbread Honey
• Made with wholesome ingredients you can feel good about
Now some of you may be wondering, wait, this is a Gingerbread Cake, why isn’t there a list of Gingerbread spices in the ingredients section? The reason, dear friends, is that we don’t need any! This is thanks to the secret ingredient that powers all the lovely Gingerbread spices and the source of the smooth, natural sweetness, Chandler Honey’s Gingerbread Honey! So let’s take a closer look at this spectacular, honey!
Chandler Honey’s Gingerbread Honey is part of the limited edition holiday bundle (including 3 new flavours) from Chandler Honey. This Gingerbread honey is bursting with classic Gingerbread spices, and each spoonful of honey feels like a taste of Gingerbread heaven.
The honey itself is so beautiful and sparkles with all the aromatic Gingerbread spices. A taste of the holiday season captured in a lovely jar of honey. A must-try this holiday season!
So if you are looking for special honey this holiday season that will take your baked treats to another level, do try out this honey (which I highly recommend) along with the rest of Chandler Honey’s limited edition holiday bundle, please check out their website.
Sprinkles recipe fun facts:
• CHANDLER HONEY’S GINGERBREAD HONEY – contains immune-boosting nutrients, antibacterial properties, beneficial enzymes, and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and zinc.
• OAT FLOUR – jam-packed with antioxidants and nutrients such as magnesium, biotin, copper, phosphorus, and manganese and keeps you feeling full longer.
• ALMOND FLOUR – contains vitamin E, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and lowers ‘bad’ cholesterol, and increases ‘good’ cholesterol
So let’s do some holiday baking and make a glorious, Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake!
Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup coconut oil, melted (room temperature) (or dairy-free butter)
- ½ cup almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- ⅛ cup molasses
- ¼ cup Chandler Honey's Gingerbread Honey* ( plus ½ tbsp warm water to loosen the honey)
- ⅛ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar, if you don't need the recipe to be refined sugar-free)
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ tbsp Chandler Honey's Gingerbread Honey*
- 1 cup refined sugar-free icing sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk** (or plant-based milk of choice)
- sprinkles (optional but highly recommended)
Icing Sugar Snow
- ¼ cup refined sugar-free icing sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 9" bundt pan (or a similar sized cake pan)
- silicone spatula
- medium and large stainless bowls
- measuring cups & spoons (or ceramic or heavy-set glass bowls)
- metal spoons
- cooking spray (I used coconut oil, or you can use any cooking spray of choice)
- bowls (for the glaze)
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and coconut sugar and whisk together. Then add Chandler Honey's Gingerbread Honey along with molasses and mix again. Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk together until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Now it's time to add in the dry ingredients! Add a little at a time and slowly whisk together until you get a nice smooth consistency. You will notice the batter will turn into a lovely light caramel brown colour.
- Carefully add in hot water, this is a secret ingredient in classic Gingerbread cake! Whisk everything together one last time. You will notice the batter is more loose and runny than regular cake batter, but not to fret, this is how it should be and will come out beautifully!
- Slowly pour the batter into your bundt pan and give a gentle shake to ensure the batter distributes evenly. Place in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes or until it turns a medium brown colour.
- Once it's baked, remove it from the oven and give it a quick toothpick test. If it needs more time, place it back in the oven. Otherwise, let it cool down and remove it from the pan. Place it on a wire rack, plate, or platter to cool down completely.
- All that's left to do now is enjoy this glorious Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake! This cake is lovely as it is, but if you want to dress it up more for the holidays, here are a couple of options.
Decorating Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake
A dusting of icing sugar snow
- Add some icing sugar into a sifter and dust some icing sugar over the cake for a beautiful festive presentation that looks like freshly fallen snow and a touch of added sweetness.
- Sift the icing sugar. Please complete this step, or the glaze will have clumps. Mix 1-2 tbsp of almond milk (a little at a time) into the icing sugar slowly until well combined and you get the consistency you desire. Now add Chandler Honey's Gingerbread Honey, and mix together until you get a nice smooth consistency. It should be thick but still be able to drip off your spoon. If you want it looser, add a little more almond milk (or planted-based milk of choice) until you get the desired consistency.
How to Glaze
- Spoon glaze over the Bundt cake, creating a thick blanket of yummy glaze. You can control how much you want to add. I would do it twice to get a nice thick coating of glaze, leaving time in between to set. Then place it on a wire rack or plate to set.
- If you want to make your Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake shine, you can decorate them with some fun sprinkles! Add them while the glaze is still wet, or they won’t stick.
- Let it set at room temperature for 1-2 hours to harden. If you want the glaze to harden faster, place the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Lastly, cut a piece of your beautifully decorated Easy Gingerbread Bundt Cake and enjoy!
STORAGEUNGLAZED PLAIN CAKE/DUSTED WITH ICING SUGAR SNOW: Place in the fridge covered in plastic wrap or an airtight glass container for up to a week. To store in the freezer, cut into slices and place it in a zip-lock bag or airtight freezer-safe container for up to a month. DECORATED GLAZED CAKE: Place in the fridge covered in plastic wrap or an airtight glass container for 3-4 days. To store in the freezer, cut into slices and place it in a zip-lock bag or airtight freezer-safe container for up to a month.
NOTESGLAZE: I actually don't recommend storing the glaze. As it hardens and is not great to work with after some time, so it is best to make it fresh. Instead, create one batch at a time and if you need more, make another batch. GLAZE TIP: The glaze hardens very quickly but not to fret, if that happens, add a bit more almond milk, and it will loosen up again and be good to go!
This recipe and post are created in collaboration with Chandler Honey, all opinions are solely my own.
Leave a Reply