These Easy Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes are made with all-natural ingredients and can be whipped up in a flash for any special occasion or whenever you desire a sweet treat. They are super moist, with just the right amount of natural sweetness and a lovely strawberry jam filling. Simply put, these cupcakes are divine! They are also gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
With Valentine’s Day AND Pure Sprinkles’ 2nd Birthday just around the corner, I wanted to share a recipe close to my heart to celebrate these special occasions. Bringing together two of my favourite recipes, my Very Vanilla Cake and Simple Strawberry Sauce, that I shared with you last year for Pure Sprinkles 1st Birthday. Creating a whole new recipe that is something truly magical, with a flavour combination that is simply sublime.
I love the pairing of vanilla and strawberries. They are the perfect match. The sweet and slightly floral notes from the vanilla paired with sweet and slightly tart strawberries have a beautiful contrast of flavours yet meld together so seamlessly that it creates a flavour combination that makes your tastebuds smile.
It is also my go-to recipe for making treats for friends and family. I have made these cupcakes countless times and have always received praise for how yummy they are and how they can’t believe they are gluten-free. More proof in the pudding that gluten-free can be as tasty if not tastier than baking with regular flour or refined sugars. The best part is it’s healthier, and you can feel good about eating it.
• Simple to make
• Natural wholesome ingredients
• Perfect for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, or parties!
I couldn’t resist decorating the cupcakes with some luscious Strawberry Buttercream. Its lovely soft pink hue ties in perfectly with Valentine’s Day and Pure Sprinkles’ Birthday! It was just too fitting and looked so pretty! I added some Strawberry Syrup (thanks to my Simple Strawberry Sauce) to the buttercream, which amped up the strawberry flavour. However, you can dress up these cupcakes any way you like with buttercream (as picturized), frosting, glaze, or whipped cream, or enjoy them just as they are!
I poured a lot of love into creating these cupcakes, and hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Happy Valentine’s Day, lovely friends! 💘 & Happy 2nd Birthday, Pure Sprinkles!! 🎂
• COCONUT FLOUR – has high fibre content, is packed with nutrients and promotes good digestive health.
• COCONUT OIL – has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties and can also boost energy levels and metabolic rate as well.
• HONEY – contains many healthy essential minerals such as sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Let’s go and make some delicious Easy Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes to celebrate these special occasions!
Do you also love cupcakes? How did you enjoy these cupcakes? Let me know in the comments below.
Easy Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes
Easy Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted (room temperature)
- ½ cup liquid raw honey* (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- sprinkles (optional, highly recommended)
- 2 x 6 cavity muffin tin (or silicone molds)
- measuring spoons + cups
- small and large metal bowls
- baking cups
- metal spoons
- cooking spray (I used coconut oil cooking spray, but you can use any cooking spray of choice)
- apple corer
- paring knife
- silicone spatula
- Line the muffin tin with baking cups and lightly spray the muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
Vanilla Strawberry Cupcakes
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the wet ingredients, honey, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk together until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes. This is an important step; please do not skip it as it helps the cupcakes to rise and become more moist. Mix together one more time.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter, about 3/4 filled, approximately 2 tbsp of batter, and gently shake it so that the batter spreads evenly. Place in the oven to bake for 17-18 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to do the toothpick test t
o make sure it is fully baked.
- Once done, allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a plate.
NOTE: This recipe uses my Simple Strawberry Sauce recipe as the filling for the cupcakes. So please hop over to the recipe here to get the full details and proceed with the next steps. If you don't want to add the filling, then skip over to the next section.
- How to add Strawberry Jam Filling
- APPLE CORER METHOD: Press the apple corer into the centre of the cupcake gently. Do not press hard, as you don't want to go too deep. Lightly twist as you pull the corer out. The center cupcake will lift up with the corer, leaving a lovely hole in your cupcake.
- PARING KNIFE METHOD: Carefully cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake. Do not press hard, as you don't want to go too deep. Remove the centre and set aside.
- Take a ¼ measuring spoon and gently press into the hole to make a nice, even hole to add the filling.
- Set aside the cake removed from the centre to seal the cupcake after adding the Strawberry Jam.
- Spoon a teaspoon of Strawberry Jam into the cupcakes and press down again with the measuring spoon to ensure it fills nicely. Then place the cake that we removed earlier and press it back into the hole to seal the cake.
- You can decorate these cupcakes with buttercream, frosting, glaze, whipped cream, the choice is entirely yours! I highly recommend adding sprinkles as it really adds a fun element to the cupcakes and makes them look so pretty!